The history of the hotel dates back to the period between 1910 - 1914, when on the bank of the small river Kamenice the hotel was built by and named after an entrepreneur called Günther, who successfully ran the hotel until 1939. During that period business flourished and the hotel became popular destination of many tourists and visitors of the town of Hrensko.
However, due to WW II and subsequent frequent changes of management the hotel fell into decline. The devastated building was bought, renovated and refurnished by D.L.D. Trading Company Ltd. The sensitive but large-scale refurbishment enlarged the hotel by adding a modern extension. This modern part of the building is connected to the original hotel through an interesting atrium.